You can get information about flu shot clinics in the community by calling the Colorado Help Line at 1-877-462-2911 or by clicking on the Tri-County Health Department link below. Click on the Centers for Disease Control link for general information and resources.
Important Points About Influenza in Our Community:
- Sick persons should remain at home away from other people and not return to school or work for 24 hours after the fever is gone, without the aid of fever reducing medications.
- Parents should call the attendance line everyday. Be specific about the signs of illness (fever plus either cough or sore throat).
Your school's registered nurse is a great resource for credible influenza information.
Wash hands frequently
Cover coughs and sneezes (cough into your inner elbow).
Stay home when sick. Remain at home until fever is gone for 24 hours, without Advil or Tylenol.
Stay away from people who are sick. Keep a distance of 6 feet from anyone who is coughing, sneezing or feverish
Keep hands away from eyes, nose and mouth
Vaccination is the best protection against contracting the flu
View Frequently Asked Questions about influenza from www.flu.gov.
View community, state and national resources regarding influenza.
- If you have questions about Influenza, call the CO HELP health information line at
- Tri-County Health Department
- Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment