Important COVID-19 Information & Resources
APS COVID-19 Fact Sheet
Hoja informativa sobre el COVID-19
CO HELP COVID-19 Hotline
Call 303-389-1687 or 1-877-462-2911
- 7/26: APS Students Will Learn Remotely from Home to Start the 2020-21 School Year
- 7/2: Important Update about the Upcoming School Year
- 4/20: Remote Learning Behavioral Expectations
- Available Mental Health Supports for Students, Families and Staff
- Resources for Schools and Families During COVID-19
- APS Pandemic Plan
- Talking to Children about COVID-19
- Comic to Teach Children about COVID-19
- CDC Preventing COVID-19 Spread in Communities
- How to Stop the Spread of Germs from CDC
All APS Students to Transition to Remote Learning Through End of the Semester
The APS Board of Education approved a motion during their meeting last night to transition all APS students to fully remote learning for the rest of this semester. This includes all students who are currently learning in person (preschool and Kindergarten, students with special needs, newcomer students and Pickens Technical College students). This transition will start after Thanksgiving Break. The final day for in-person learning this semester will be Thursday, November 19.
APS Offers FREE Grab-and-Go Meals at 47 Locations through December, Including Thanksgiving and Winter Break
APS will continue to offer free meals for families. Families can pick up free meals at any of our 47 drive-through grab-and-go locations. Meal pick up is from 10:45-11:30 a.m. Monday-Friday. Most APS high schools also have an evening pick-up time from 4:15-5:00 p.m.
For the holiday breaks, meal service will be available at 16 sites from 10:45-11:30 a.m. and at five of our high schools from 4:15-5 p.m. The schedule for holiday weeks will be as follows:
- Thanksgiving Break:
- Free meals will be served November 23-25 (Monday-Wednesday). On Wednesday, Thanksgiving meal kits will be provided along with meals for Thursday-Sunday.
- Winter Break:
- Free meals will be served December 21-23 (Monday-Wednesday). On Wednesday, holiday meal kits will be provided along with meals for Thursday-Sunday.
- Free meals will be served December 28-30 (Monday-Wednesday). On Wednesday, meals for Thursday-Sunday will be provided.
- The regular weekday schedule will resume on the week of Jan. 4. Free meals will be served January 4-8 (Monday-Friday). On Friday, meals for Saturday and Sunday will be provided.
Free breakfast and lunch will be provided to all students 18 & under. Thanks to federal funding extensions and generous donations from our community, we are pleased to announce that we will continue to serve free meals to all kids under the age of 18, as well as adults.
APS Decision Matrix Data Update
We continue to review our decision matrix regularly. It pulls data on public health measures that are available on the CDPHE and/or Tri-County Health Department websites. It also considers health data specific to our community, school and district conditions. Based on the current available data, APS will now be on “watch status” and closely monitor data over the next two weeks and make a decision no later than Thursday, Oct. 22 if we need to transition to a different learning model.